SATELLITE SITUATION CENTER (SSCWeb) SYSTEM AND SERVICES
SPDF News & Announcements
MMS Definitive and Predictive data available in the system.
NOTICE: Wednesday July 27, 2016: All of the SPDF systems including SSCWeb, CDAWeb, OMNIWeb, VSPO systems, Web Services and HTTP/FTP sites will NOT be available from 1:30pm till 2:30pm EDT. Please plan your use of the systems/services accordingly.
- + Locator Graphics
- The Locator graphics component provides the ability to plot the orbits of multiple spacecraft. In addition to orbit plots, mapped and time series plots can also be generated.(THEMIS Saved Examples) NEW!
- + 4-D Orbit Viewer
- This application provides the user with the capability to select spacecraft(s) and time ranges of interest, and see their orbits represented as an interactive 4-D animation.
- + Locator Tabular
- The Locator component provides tabular information. As tabular output, the spacecraft's coordinate location can be listed in a variety of coordinate systems, as well as other location related items.(THEMIS Saved Examples) NEW!
- + Query
- The Query component provides two query matching options: magnetospheric region occupancy and magnetic field
line tracing. The region query lists the entry and exit times during which specified satellite(s) were in particular
magnetospheric regions. The trace query identifies periods when one or more spacecraft are on the same magnetic flux tube of force, or periods when one or more spacecraft occupy a field line which traces down to a specified ground station.(THEMIS Saved Examples) NEW!
- + Coordinate Calculator
- In addition to the interface above, the Satellite Situation Center provides limited access to an
extended interface that permits users to make Locator and Query runs in a batch mode and save queries
on the host. Other than these batch and save capabilities, the Facilities interface is exactly the same
as the public interface. Use of the facilities interface is advised for users who need to make runs over
long time ranges or those using complex queries.
If you would like access to this Facilities interface, please send e-mail to: email@example.com
including a very brief
description of your specific objectives and needs.
- + Locator Graphics Facilities Interface
- + Locator Facilities Interface
- + Query Facilities Interface